Dr. Kubrat A. Oyinlola
KubratAbiola OYINLOLAis a microbiologist. She got her first degree, Master’s degree and PhD in Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology from the Department of Microbiology, University of Ibadan. Currently, she is a Lecturer II in the Department of Biological Sciences, KolaDaisi University, Ibadan.
She has attended several training workshops and conferences in her chosen area of interest of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology. DrOyinlola has published in learned national and international research journals.
- 2010 – 2015 University of Ibadan, Ibadan. Nigeria PhD Microbiology
- 2008 – 2010 University of Ibadan, Ibadan. Nigeria M.Sc. Microbiology
- 1999 – 2004 University of Ibadan, Ibadan. Nigeria B.Sc. Microbiology
- Ogunmola, K. A. (2004) Characteristic Properties of Yeast strains isolated from Palmwine. An unpublished Sc. dissertation submitted to the Department of Microbiology, University of Ibadan.
- Oyinlola, K. A. (2009) Diversity of Pectinolytic bacteria causing soft rot of vegetables. A Sc. dissertation submitted to the Department of Microbiology, University of Ibadan.
- Oyinlola, K. A (2015) Selection, product characteristics and metabolite spectrum of a common starter culture for fufu and usi Ph.D Thesis submitted to the Department of Microbiology, University of Ibadan.
- Wakil, S. M. and Oyinlola, K. A. (2011) Diversity of Pectinolytic bacteria causing soft rot of vegetables in Ibadan, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Biosciences 38, pp. 2540-2550
- Wakil, S. M., Ayenuro, O. T. and Oyinlola, K. A. (2014) Microbiological and Nutritional Assesment of Starter-Developed Fermented Tigernut Milk. Food and Nutrition Sciences 5, pp. 495-506
- Garuba, O. E., Onilude, A. A. and Oyinlola, K. A. (2015) Isolation and molecular characterization of inulinase- producing thermophilic fungi from waste dumpsite located at Apete-Awotan in Ibadan, South-Western Nigeria. Innovative Romanian Food Biotechnology 16, pp. 31-36
- Oyinlola, K. A., Onilude, A. A. and Garuba, O. E. (2016) Towards the development of a common starter culture for fufuand usi (edible starch): Screening for potential starters. International Journal of Food Studies 5, pp. 61-72
- Oyinlola, K. A. and Onilude, A. A. (2018) Influence of Lactobacilli starter cultures on the nutritional content and anti-nutritional factors of fermented cassava forusi (edible starch). Journal of Global Bioscience 7(8), pp. 5513-5521
- Oyinlola, K. A. and Onilude, A. A. (2019) Lactic acid yield by mono/mixed Lactobacilli starter culture during cassava fermentation: A comparative study. Research Journal of Recent Sciences 8(4), pp. 47-53
- Oyinlola, K. A. (2020).Effect of Lactobacillus plantarum subsp. argentolarensisF2B on enzymatic activities during lactic fermentation. Journal of General and Applied Microbiology. (Under Review)
- Oyinlola, K. A. and Onilude, A. A. (2020) Microbiological Assessment of usi, a Nigerian staple during storage. Nigerian Journal of Microbiology. (Under Review)
Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Utilizing Microbiome for Translational Products in Africa. A Metagenomics Symposium by H3Africa Bioinformatics Network. July 2014
- Women Advancement Forum; International Exchanges, Research and Academia in Nigeria. German Academic Exchange Service. Nov. 2014
- Diversification of Nigeria’s Economy through Science. 3rd International Conference on Scientific Research in Nigeria. Ibadan. May 2017
- Masterclass Workshop in DNA Analysis. Bioscience Research Education and Advisory Centre, Ibadan. June 2018.
- Improving Research through access to library e-resources in Nigeria. TEEAL National Training Workshop for Nigeria. Information Training and Outreach Center for Africa. KDU, Ibadan. November 2018
- The Challenges of Working in a University Environment. Staff Development Workshop, KolaDaisi University, Ibadan. April, 2019.
- Harnessing Microbial Potentials for Sustainable Development. Nigerian Society for Microbiology, Annual Zonal Symposium, Adeleke University, Ede. May 2019.
- Science Association of Nigeria
- Nigerian Society of Microbiology
- American Society of Microbiology
- Nigerian Safety Professionals
- Society for Applied Microbiology