Mr. A. Gbamwuan
Mr. Asor Gbamwuan is a Doctorate candidate of Environmental History at Benue State University, Makurdi-Nigeria. He holds M.A. in Political History in the same institution, and B.A. in History and International Studies at the Federal University of Jos, Jos-Nigeria. Mr. Gbamwuan is a dynamic scholar whose research interest covers: Political History, Environmental History, and Gender Studies. He has attended several Capacity Building Workshops, and also presented papers in both Local and International Conferences.
- Ph.D History in view – Speciality in Environmental History 2014- to date
- M.A. History – Speciality in Political History
- B.A. (Hons) History and Internal Relations
- A History of Settlement Patterns and Socio-Economic Development in Tivland, 1914-2014’. Ph.D Thesis in Department of History, Benue State University, Makurdi, 2016 till date
- A History of Post-Election Violence in Tiv Land since 1979. Dissertation submitted to the PG School, Benue State University, Makurdi in Partial Fulfilment of the Requirements for the Award of M.A. (Hons) History, 2013
- Intra-Ethnic Conflicts in Benue State: A Case Study of Tiv land, 1991-2004’. Project work submitted to the Department of History and International Studies, University of Jos, in Partial Fulfilment of the Requirements for the Award of B.A. (Hons) History, 2008
- Gbamwuan, A. & Iorver, J.O. ‘Interrogating the Nexus between European Imperialists Activities and African Contemporary Challenges’, in VUNA Journal of History and International Relation, Vol. 2. No.2. A Biannual Publication of the Department of History and International Relations, Veritas University (The Catholic University of Nigeria), Abuja – Nigeria (ISSN: 2408-6177), Makurdi: Gwatex Publishers, 2015, Pp.226-238
- Gbamwuan, A. & Ityonzughul, T. T., “A Juxtaposition of Apartheid and Xenophobia in South Africa”, in African Journal of Management, Social Sciences and Humanities (AJMSSH), Vol. 4. No.1: The Biannual Journal of College of Management and Social Sciences, Kwarafa University Wukari, Taraba State, Nigeria, (ISSN: 2350-2142), Makurdi: Selfers Academy Press Ltd., 2015, Pp.185-204
- Ityonzughul, T. T. & Gbamwuan, A. “Nigeria’s Food Crisis: A Policy Disquisition”, in Wudil Journal of Humanities (WJH) Vol. 1 2016 (N0, ISSN in Circulation during the Time of this Publication). A Journal Publication of the Department of History and International Studies, Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano Eiwa Press. Pp. 189 – 199.
Chapters in Books
- Gbamwuan, A., “Civil-Military Relations in Nigeria: A Search towards Combating Boko Haran Terrorism’, in Osakwe, C.C. (ed.) Leadership and Complex Military Operations. (ISBN: 978-978-950-661-3) Kaduna: NDA, 2016, Pp. 420-430
- Ikpanor, E. T. & Gbamwuan, A., ‘Revisionism on the ‘One North’ Template in the Nigerian Project: The Predicaments of Central Nigeria’, in Orngu, C. et al (ed.) Ethnic Minority Agitations and Political Development in Nigeria, Vol.1. Abuja: Donafrique Publishers, 2015, Pp. 122-144
- Gbamwuan, A., ‘Interrogating the Poor Performance of Women in Nigerian Politics’, in Okpeh, O.O. and Ikpanor, E. T. Themes on Women Studies in Africa: Perspectives from Nigeria, Vol. 1. Abuja: Donafrique Publishers, 2015, Pp. 79-93
- Gbamwuan, A. & Ikpilakaa, S. A. ‘Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Nigeria Electoral Process: A Projection of an Electronic Voting Mechanism for an Enhanced Credible Election’, in Maurice N. Amutabi (ed.), Africa in Global Development Discourses. (ISBN:9-789966-193339), Kenya-Nairobi: Centre for Democracy, Research and Development, Pp. 226-238.
- Gbamwuan, A., ‘INEC and the Nigeria Electoral System: Challenges and Prospects for Democratization in the 21st Century’, in Tsuwa, T. and Ikpanor, T. The 2015 General Elections in Nigeria: Emerging Issues, Abuja: Donafrique Publishers, 2017, Pp. 210-229
- KolaDaisi University, Ibadan
Role: Assistant Lecturer, Department of History and Diplomatic Studies 2019 till date
- Benue State University Makurdi, Benue State 2015 – 2019
Role: Sandwich Part-Time Lecturer
- Institute of Adult Education and Allied Studies, Makurdi Benue State 2015 – 2019
- Ministry of Education Makurdi, Benue State 2014 – 2015
Role: Education Officer 1
- Benue State Internal Revenue Gboko, Benue State 2011 –2014
Role: Revenue Management Officer
- Nazareth Montessori Schools Port-Harcourt, Rivers State 2009 – 2010
Role: Government Teacher
- Government Secondary School Idama, Rivers State 2008-2009
Role: History and Government Teacher (NYSC)
- Assistant Registration Officer 1, (ARO1): Independent National Electoral Commission’s Registration Exercise, Ikpaajav Pooling Unit, Mbayongu Ward, Vandeikya L.G.A., Benue State, 2010.
- Presiding Officer: for House of Assembly, Gubernatorial, Senatorial and Presidential Elections, Conducted by Independent National Electoral Commission, Ikpaajav Pooling Unit, Mbayongu Ward, Vandeikya L.G.A., Benue State, 2011
- Gbawuan, A. & Ityonzughul, T. T. “An Appraisal of Electoral Violence in Wannune and Aliade areas of Tivland and its Imp lication for Meaningful Development in the 21st Century”, in SCSR Journal of Development. Vol.1, Issue No.4, Makurdi: BUSMOR Nig. Ltd, 2014, Pp.62-77.
- Assistant Presiding Officer 1: for House of Assembly, Gubernatorial, Senatorial and Presidential Elections, Conducted by Independent National Electoral Commission, Mkar Pooling Unit 1, Bua Ward, Gboko L.G.A., Benue State, 2015.
- Gbamwuan, A. Contemporary History of Post-Election Violence in Nigeria: A Focus on Tiv Society. (ISBN: 978-3-659-88068-1) Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2017, Pp. 1-143. Accessed online; www.get-morebooks.com,https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3AAsor+Gbamwuan&s=relevancerank&text=Asor+Gbamwuan&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1
- Chairman of Finance Committee, Department of History and Diplomatic Studies, KolaDaisi University Ibadan, 2019
- Ikpanor, E. T. & Gbamwuan, A., ‘Central Nigeria in Northern Nigeria: Questioning the One North Template’. Paper presented at the International Conference on a Theme: Ethnic Minority Agitations and Nigerian Politics: Reflections on the Tiv ‘Revolts’ of 1964: 50 Years After, Organized by Department of History Benue State University, Makurdi in Conjunction With Department of History and International Studies Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai Niger State, on 1st -4th of April, 2014
- Gbamwuan, A. & Ikpilakaa, S. A., ‘INEC and the Nigerian Electoral Process: A Projection of an Electronic Voting Mechanism for an Enhanced Credible Election’. Paper presented at the 7th Annual AISA International Interdisciplinary Conference in Collaboration with the Multimedia University of Kenya on a Theme: Africa at Development Crossroads, held on 27th to 30th June, 2017
- Gbamwuan, A. & Ityonzughul, T. T. ‘The Modernization of Road Transportation in Tivland’. A paper presented at the National Conference in Honour of Prof. Yakubu Aboki Ochefu, FHSN, MNAL, Organized by Department of History; History and International Studies; and History and Diplomatic Studies of Benue State University, University of Calabar, Kaduna State University, University of Ibadan, Taraba State University, Federal University Lafia, Kogi State University, and Department of General Studies, Kwararafa University in Partnership with Historical Society of Nigeria (HSN), on the Theme; African Economic History: from Hunters and Gatherers to the Industrial and Information Age, held on 22nd -25th October, 2017
- Capacity Building Training for Revenue Managers, Organized by Benue State Internal Revenue Service (BIRS), in Collaboration with Independent Corrupt Practices and Others Related Offences Commission (ICPC), between 20th February-17th March, 2012
- Induction Course Organized by the Government of Benue State of Nigeria, Bureau of Manpower Development and Training, Office of the Head of Service, Makurdi, Training Department, 30th November – 2nd December, 2015
- A day workshop organised by KolaDaisi University, Ibadan on the Electronic Smart Board Usage in the University Teaching, Thursday, 10th October, 2019
- A 2-day Workshop for University Lecturers on “Critical Teaching Skills for Learning Effectiveness” organized by KolaDaisi University, Ibadan, held on Wednesday, 30th – Thursday 31st October, 2019.