Dean Faculty of Applied Sciences’ Profile
He is a Nigerian national, married to Dr. (Mrs.) Julianah B. Odebunmi and they have four children.
RESEARCH INTERESTS: The research interests include:
- Heterogeneous and Homogeneous Catalysis involving kinetics and mechanism of catalytic processes in gas-liquid and gas-solid reaction systems;
- Synthesis, characterization and the structure-activity relationship in catalysis;
- Development of catalytic systems for hydrocarbon conversions of Nigerian Coals, Crude oils, Bitumen, Petroleum products, Synthetic and Natural Dyes and other industrial raw materials.
- Synthesis, characterization and catalytic activity studies of novel transition metal complexes for CO2 activation and HTR reactions.
- Environmental Pollution and Remediation Studies using adsorption techniques.
He is a Fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria (CSN) and the Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (ICCON) and a member of the Science Association of Nigeria (SAN). He delivered the 138th Inaugural Lecture of the University of Ilorin in November 2013 on the topic “Catalysis and Chemical Industry: A Fruitful Wedlock”
His Career development has led him to:
- Centre for Catalysis and Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, USA. Postdoctoral Training in Catalysis development, characterization and application (November 1981 – October 1982).
- Departments of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of Cambridge, U K. Association of Commonwealth Universities Academic Staff Fellowship (September 1988 – July 1989)
- Department of Chemistry, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe. Visiting Senior Lecturer (February 1994 – July 1995).