Dr Anne Adeyanju
Anne Adebukola Adeyanju is a toxicologist. She got her first degree and Master’s degree from University of Ilorin. She later proceeded to University of Ibadan where she attained her PhD in drug metabolism and toxicology from the Department of Biochemistry.
Currently, she is a Senior Lecturer and the Acting Head of Biological Sciences Department in KolaDaisi University, Ibadan.
Her research area of interest is in toxicology where she has attended several training programmes and Conferences in order to meet the advancement in her research area of Toxicology Biochemistry.
She has published in learned national and international journals and has successfully supervised over twenty five undergraduate students.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Biochemistry, UI) 2013
- Masters of Science (B.Sc. Biochemistry, Unilorin) 2005
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. Biochemistry, Unilorin) 2001
- Olatunde OWOEYE, Adebukola ADESIDA, Ebenezer Olatunde FAROMBI and Silas Kalu ONWUKA(2010). Gamma radiation effects in the brain of rats: antioxidant and radioprotective properties of Vernonia amygdalina leaf extract. International Journal of Biological and Chemical Sciences. 4 (6): 2324-2336.
- Igado O.O., Olopade J.O, Adesida A, Aina O.O. and Farombi E.O. (2012). Morphological and biochemical investigation into the possible neuroprotective effects of kolaviron (Garcinia kola bioflavonoid) on the brains of rats exposed to vanadium. Drug Chem Toxicol. 35 (4): 371-80.
- Adesida A and Farombi, E.O (2012). Free radical scavenging activities of guava extract invitro.Afr. J. Med. Sci. 41, Suppl. 81-90.
- Omolola R.Oyenihi, Ayodeji B. Oyenihi, Anne A. Adeyanju and OluwafemiO.Oguntibeju (2016). Antidiabetic Effects of Resveratrol: The Way Forward in ItsClinical Utility. Journal of Diabetes Research, Article ID 9737483http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/9737483
- Anne A. Adeyanju, Adedeji D. Ogunyemi, Oluwaseun Owolabi, Ololade Adesanya,Temilade Omideyi, Oluwasanmi O. Aina and Martins Ekor (2016): Modulation of Adriamycin-induced Hepatotoxicity and Genotoxicity by Selective Inhibition of Phosphodiesterase-5 with Sildenafil in Wistar Rats. Toxicology International 23 (2).
- Olorunfemi R. Molehin, Anne A. Adeyanju, Stephen A. Adefegha, Oluwasanmi O. Aina, Blessing A. Afolabi, Ayorinde O. Olowoyeye, Jesutomi A. Oyediran and Opeyemi R. Oladiran (2018): Sildenafil, a phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor, offers protection against carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in rat.J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol.
- Anne A. Adeyanju, Olorunfemi R. Molehin, Ezekiel T. Ige, Lanre O. Adeleye, Oluwakemi V. Omoniyi (2018): Sildenafil, a phosphodiesterase-5-inhibitor decreased the oxidative stress induced by carbon tetrachloride in the rat kidney: A preliminary study. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol. 8(02), pp 106-111.
- Charles E. Okolie, Tolulope A. Ojo, Anne A. Adeyanju, Charles O. Nwonuma, Emenike O. Irokanulo, Stephen O. Owa (2018): Protective Effects of Ethanolic Leaf Extract of Annona senegalenesis against Gentamicin-Induced Nephrotoxicity in Rats. SMU Medical Journal ISSN : 2349 – 1604.Volume – 5, No. 1.
- Olorunfemi R. Molehin, Omotade I.Oloyede, Kehinde A.Idowu, Anne A.Adeyanju, Ayorinde O.Olowoyeye, Olusegun I.Tubi, Olayemi E.Komolafe, Aanuoluwapo S.Gold. (2017): White butterfly (Clerodendrum volubile) leaf extract protects against carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in rats.Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. Volume 96, Pages 924-929.
- Olorunfemi R. Molehin, Anne A. Adeyanju, Stephen A. Adefegha, Seun F. Akomolafe (2018): Protocatechuic acid mitigates adriamycin-induced reproductive toxicities and hepatocellular damage in rats. Comparative Clinical Pathology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00580-018-2794-2
- Oluyomi Stephen Adeyemi, Isaac Oluwafemi Olajide , Anne Adebukola Adeyanju, Oluwakemi Josephine Awakan, David Adeiza Otohinoyi (2018): Modulation of rat plasma kynurenine level by platinum nanoparticles and likely association with oxidative stress. Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry. Volume 8, Issue 4, 3364 – 336. ISSN 2069-5837
- Oluyomi S. Adeyemi, David A. Otohinoyi, Oluwakemi J. Awakan and Anne A. Adeyanju (2019): Cellular apoptosis of HFF cells by inorganic nanoparticles not susceptible to modulation by Toxoplasma gondii infection in vitro. Toxicology in vitro 54; 280-285.
- Oluyomi Stephen Adeyemi, Obafunmilayo Ladipo, Anne Adebukola Adeyanju, Oluwakemi Josephine Awakan, David Adeiza Otohinoyi, Chiagoziem Anariochi Otuechere (2019): Gallotannin and Annona muricata extract inhibit polyphenol oxidase activity and mitigate browning in Malus domestica. Eurasia J Biosci 13, 1-5
- Oluyomi Stephen Adeyemi,, Rhoda Ananu Ulokoa, Oluwakemi Josephine Awakan, Anne Adebukola Adeyanju, David Adeiza Otohinoyi (2019): The oral administration of silver nanoparticles activates the kynurenine pathway in rat brain independently of oxidative stress. Chemico-Biological Interactions 302 22–27. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cbi.2019.01.034
- Olorunfemi R. Molehin, Anne A. Adeyanju, Stephen A. Adefegha, Ajibade O.Oyeyemi, Kehinde A. Idowu (2019): Protective mechanisms of protocatechuic acid against doxorubicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rat model. Journal of Basic and Clinical Physiology and Pharmacology 20180191
- University of Ibadan Postgraduate Scholarship award for Ph.D Students: 2010-2013
- Genotoxicity, oxidative stress
- Evaluation of toxicology of drugs and their metabolism
- Antioxidant effects of nutraceuticals
- Molecular mechanisms of actions of antioxidant compounds
- Member of Biochemical Society, United Kingdom
- Member of Society of Toxicology, USA
- Genetic Toxicology Association of Nigeria (GTAN)
- 60th Biomedical Conference, University of Ibadan. Theme: Biotechnology for Health and Development. (26-30th of August, 2008). Held at Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, Nigeria).
- Molecular markers and their Applications in Tropical Agriculture workshop. (27-31 October, 2008. Held at IITA, Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Changing diabetes in Nigeria. A call to action. (30th June, 2009. Lagos Sheraton and Towers, Ikeja, Nigeria
- 11th International Symposium Drug Research and Production Unit. Theme: The Symposium on Drug Development from Medicinal Plants: Problems and Prospects. Held at Conference Center Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife from 22-25 November, 2009. Adebukola Adesida and E. Olatunde Farombi: Modulation of adriamycin-induced renal toxicity by ethanolic extracts of Psidium guajava in rats.
- Unibadan Conference Biomedical Research: Advancing the Frontier of knowledge in Medical Sciences and Medicine. Theme: Biotechnology for Health and Development. (5-9 July, 2010. Held at Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria). Adebukola Adesida and E. Olatunde Farombi: Evaluation of antioxidant and free radical scavenging activities of the ethanolic extracts of Psidiumguajavain vitro.
- Workshop on Writing Award-Winning Grant Proposal. Held at Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. (23-24 June, 2010).
- Biomedical Conference, University of Ibadan. Theme: Biotechnology for Health and Development. (August, 2012). Held at Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, Nigeria).
- International Conference (Humboldt-Kolleg). Theme: Nutreceuticals. Held at Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria from 2nd to 6th April, 2017
- Workshop on Global leadership (2018). Held at McPherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State, Nigeria
- 1st National Training Workshop on ‘Current Techniques in Genetic Toxicology’ (2019): Held at Department of Zoology, University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria from 7th of May to 11th of May, 2019.