DEAN’S FOREWORD, FACULTY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
Welcome to the Faculty of Applied Sciences. The vision of the Faculty is to be the faculty of choice for Science and Applied Sciences education in Nigeria/Africa and our mission is to provide a conduce environment for the production of graduates that are well equipped with scientific and technological skills to solve problems and to be responsive to the needs of an ever-changing society. We are striving to realize this vision and mission. As a student in the faculty, you could not have made a better choice by coming to study in this Faculty and as a prospective student, it will be the best decision you will make by choosing programmes in the faculty for your prospective future careers. We are ready to make your study experience at KDU a good and memorable one. All my colleagues, both academic and support staff are ready to offer you support so that you can achieve your goal of completing your education successfully and enter the world of work.
The Faculty has four departments and twelve academic programmes approved for it by the National University Commission (NUC): (i) Department of Biological Sciences(Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biology Programmes), (ii) Department of Chemical Sciences (Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry Programmes), (iii) Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences (Computer Sciences, Statistics, Cyber Security, Software Engineering and Information Technology Programmes) and (iv) Department of Physical Sciences (Physics with Electronics Programme). Four of the programmes(Biochemistry, Microbiology, Industrial Chemistry, and Computer Science) have been fully accredited by NUC). Physics with Electronics Programme was approved in 2016. This and three other programmes(Cyber Security, Software Engineering and Information Technology)approved in 2019 by NUC for offering at KDU will be admitting students for the next session. The Faculty also offers a one-year Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) programme which allows prospective students after successful completion to enter the university at 200 Level.
The Faculty has several activities and programmes to support your academic endeavours to achieve success and be employable after your education in the faculty. These include the implementation of the Student Industrial & Work Experience (SIWES) programme aimed at exposing our students to the World-of-Work before the completion of their programmes and the laying of much emphasis on the use of modern technology in teaching and learning activities through the use of Smart-Board and Online Teaching facilities (e.g., Google Classroom and Zoom). This is to equip our staff and students with digital technology skills in teaching and learning. Our laboratories are equipped with modern scientific equipments to expose our students to their use thereby gaining necessary modern skills during their practical classes and final year projects.
I implore you as old and new students to engage your Heads of Department and mentors that you will be assigned to on all these activities and programmes and participate in as many of them as possible to improve your chances of success. Once again, I welcome you to the Faculty.
Prof Olalekan Siyanbola Fatoki
Dean, Faculty of Applied Sciences
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION FOR 2020/2021 SESSION
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to KolaDaisi University Degree Programme for the 2020/2021 admission in the following courses:
- All Candidates applying for the 100 Level Undergraduate Programmes at KolaDaisi University, Ibadan, must possess a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings in SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or equivalent. Candidates awaiting results may also apply.
- All applicants are required to have sat for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and must meet the required National Cut-Off score.
- Applicants are to complete the online application form by visiting KolaDaisi University, Ibadan website at www.koladaisiuniversity.edu.ng
- A Pass grade in Mathematics may be waved for the Arts programmes.
- Applicants will be mandated to participate in the KolaDaisi University, Ibadan, Screening Exercise.
- Interested candidates wishing to change their choice of institution to KolaDaisi University are required to:
- Apply for change of institution through JAMB (visit JAMB website)
- Complete the KolaDaisi University, Ibadan on-line Application Form
- Participate in the KolaDaisi University, Ibadan Screening Exercise.
SCREENING OF CANDIDATES
All applicants would be required to appear for the KolaDaisi University, Ibadan, Screening Exercise, at KolaDaisi University, Ibadan KM 18, Ibadan-Oyo Expressway, Ibadan.
Method Of Application
1. For online application, forms can be completed only after the payment of N2000 application form
2. Payment can also be made at any of the University Bank Account
3. (i) Application forms can be downloaded for manual submission at the University Campus, Kilometer 18, Ibadan-Oyo Express Road, Ibadan
(ii) Candidates can also send scanned copies of their downloaded application forms with appropriate Bank teller to email@example.com
4. All applicants are required to email both O’ Level and UTME results to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Successful Candidates MUST bring along the downloaded application form and original copies of their O’ Level results for clearance at time of registration.
For Further enquires please visit the University website www.koladaisiuniversity.edu.ng or contact:
The Admission Office, KolaDaisi University, Ibadan through: Email: email@example.com or call Soji – 0808 430 1409- Whatsapp enabled, Omorinola – 0705 575 4888 / 0818 925 4314, Funmilola- 0906 887 2144