The Registrar’s Profile
Mrs. Omotayo Ikotun started her administrative career in July 1983 when she joined the University of Ibadan as an Administrative Assistant in the Registry; she has since then held several administrative positions within the University system. She rose through the ranks to attain the peak of her career as the Registrar of the University of Ibadan from December 2006 to December 2011, where she left her marks in the sands of time. Hitherto, she had the privilege to have served as the Pioneer Registrar of The Bells University of Technology, Ota, from July 2005 – July 2006, a position she handled creditably well to the glory of God and the benefit of mankind.She was the Pioneer Visiting Administrative Fellow of the Institute for African Culture and International Understanding, Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta from March 2012 – March 2014, where she was instrumental to have put in place the administrative structure of the Centre.
Mrs. Omotayo Ikotun belongs to several professional bodies amongst which are:
- The Nigerian institute of Management (NIM)
- Association of University Administrators, AUA (UK)
- Association of Nigerian University Professional Administrators (ANUPA)
Some of Her National and Community Services:
- Member, West African Examination Council (2010 – 2011);
- National Treasurer, University of Ibadan Alumni Association (1991- 1995);
- Member, Oyo State Committee on Higher Education Appeal Fund (1990 – 1991) this later metamorphosed into the Planning Committee for Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho;
- Financial Secretary, University of Ibadan Alumni Association (1989 – 1990);
- Captain, Oyo State Volley ball team (Female) Third National Sports Festival (July 1977);
- Captain, Oyo state Volley ball team (Female) Second National Sports Festival (July 1975);
- Captain, Western State Volley ball team (Female) Second National Sports Festival (August 1973).
Some Conferences/Courses Attended:
- AUA Conference and Exhibition at Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Scotland (25 – 27 March, 2013);
- Summer Institute in Educational Fundraising, Dartmouth College, Hanover, North Hampshire, USA (24 – 28 July, 2011);
- International Workshop on Institutional Management – Higher Education, Kampala, Uganda (10- 14 December 2007);
- Management of Higher Education Institutions Seminar, Galilee College, Israel (19 – 30 June 2007);
- A Two-Week course on Advanced Management Administrative Staff College of Nigeria, Topo Badagry (10 – 21 July, 2006);
- Modern Trends in Human Resources Management : a Five-Day course organised by the Administrative Staff College of Nigeria, Topo Badagry (8 – 12 May, 2006);
- The Sixth Commonwealth Study Conference Australia and New Zealand (16 – 29 October, 2003) (first female out of 2, to represent Nigeria since inception in 1956);
- Training Methods for In-Service Training – National Centre for Economic Management and Administration, Ibadan (27 – 31 March, 2000);
- First Pan-African Conference on Reparation, Abuja Nigeria (27 – 29 April 1993).
Mrs. Ikotun is a staunch Catholic who since her student days in 1974, has been a devout worshipper in our Lady Seat of Wisdom, University of Ibadan. She is a Patron of the St. Cecilia Student Choir, a Lay Reader and a member of the Catholic Women Organization.
Her hobbies are singing, reading, writing, travelling, dancing, mentoring and charity works.
Mrs. Omotayo Ikotun is a happily married wife, mother of three children and grandmother to four grandchildren.